Archived News For 2007
- Dec 08, 2007 — 2007 Clark Burn Center Holiday Party
Since 1995 the Clark Burn Center, young burn survivors, and area Fire Departments have met to celebrate the season with an annual party. Originally held at the Clark Burn Center, the festivities have since moved to local firehouses for the past six years.
- Dec 07, 2007 — MCFD Firefighters Help One of Their Own
On Saturday December 8th, Moyers Corners Station 3 firefighters got together to help one of their own.
- Dec 07, 2007 — 2008 Election Results
On December 6th, 2007, the members of the Moyers Corners Fire Department held their annual elections at Station 1. Click "Read More" to find out the results.
- Nov 02, 2007 — Upcoming Course: Safety Officer-All Risk
*THIS COURSE IS NOW BEING HELD AT MCFD STATION 2, NOT STATION 1** On December 1st and 2nd, 2007, MCFD Welcomes Deputy Chief Mike Bryant of the Los Angeles County Fire Department and Battalion Chief Dave Franklin of the San Francisco Fire Department as they present "Safety Officer - All Risk". Click on "Read More" for course information.
- Oct 23, 2007 — Brookwood Apartment Signal-99
Just after 12:40PM on 10/23/2007 Moyers Corners, Liverpool, and Mattydale were actived for a reported apartment fire in the Brookwood Apartments. After the initial dispatch Fire Control indicated that there were several calls for the reported fire. Police and Liverpool C-1 arrived minutes later confirming a 2 story wood frame with heavy smoke and fire showing. Liverpool C-1 called for a signal 99.
- Oct 22, 2007 — Working Fire on the Island
On Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 19:45 hours, the volunteers from Moyers Corners were dispatched to a reported fire in the living room at 3476 Horseshoe Island Road. E21 (Lt. Belczak) responded from Morgan Rd. and Rt. 31 and laid in from the nearest hydrant to the scene. Upon arrival they found a working fire, with fire from Side A of the 1 story, wood frame, single family residence.
- Sep 14, 2007 — 2007-2008 MCFD Bunk-Ins - Training Week
On Sunday August 29th, 2007, the Moyers Corners Fire Department welcomed nine Onondaga Community College fire protection students from 7 different fire departments to their student bunk-in program. The Bunk-In program has been a success for over 8 years.
- Aug 10, 2007 — Heavy Fire on Admiral Drive - Signal 99
On Tuesday August 7th, 2007 at approximately 1830 hours, the Moyers Corners Fire Department was dispatched to a report fire on Admiral Drive in the Battalion Two response area. Engine 41 (Crispin) was first on the scene and reported heavy fire showing. They quickly transmitted a “Signal 99” to fire control. Car 1 (Bressette) arrived second, confirmed the Signal 99, and established command. More story to follow…
- Aug 08, 2007 — 4 MCFD Crews on B'Ville Multi Alarm Fire
On Monday, August 6, 2007, the volunteers from Moyers Corners provided 4 companies to a 4 plus alarm fire in the Village of Baldwinsville. The alarm was filled with E12 (Lt. Perkins) and E41 (FF Goodson) on the 2nd Alarm, TK2 (Capt. Driscoll) and Car 3 (D/C Neuman) on the 3rd Alarm, and R3 (Capt. Goldberg) on the 4th Alarm. All MCFD crews returned to service by 14:45 hours.
- Jul 31, 2007 — Signal 99 - Wetzel Road
At 1239 on Saturday July 28th, 2007 the volunteers of the Moyers Corners Fire Department were alerted to a possible kitchen fire at 4378 Wetzel Road.
- Jul 21, 2007 — July 2007 Hackers Tournament
On Saturday 7/21/07, 27 of the brothers from Moyers Corners Fire Department teed off in the 4th annual MCFD Hackers Tournament.
- Jul 16, 2007 — Recruits Complete Extinguisher Training
The MCFD Firefighter I Recruits complete the Fire Extinguisher Training on 07/14/07.
- Jun 21, 2007 — FASNY Scholarship Award
MCFD member Stephen Wisely was awarded a scholarship from FASNY.
- May 28, 2007 — Engine 12 Takes in a Tractor Fire
Engine 12 and the Battalion Chief respond to a tractor fire on horse farm.
- May 24, 2007 — Staying Safe in the Heat
Knowledge is Prevention. Overexposure to high temperatures and humidity can quickly lead to heat exhaustion or heat stoke. With rising temperatures it is more important than ever that crews remain adequately hydrated and rotated to rehab frequently.
- May 23, 2007 — Rescue 3 to Liverpool to Extricate One
MCFD Rescue 3 responded to 7th North Street, Liverpool to extricate one.
- May 01, 2007 — Firefighter I Graduation
Six MCFD members graduated from the New York State Firefighter I training on 4/30/07.
- Mar 27, 2007 — Boatwatch Circle Structure Fire
On Sunday March 25th at approximately 1915 hours, the Moyers Corners Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire on Boatwatch Circle in the Battalion One response area. Initial reports indicated that there was heavy smoke and active fire evident from the rear of the townhouse
- Mar 27, 2007 — MCFD Thanks Sam's for Donation
Sam's club in Clay makes donation to MCFD.
- Feb 21, 2007 — Daytime Signal 99 in Solvay Sends E22
E22 Mutual Aid, Signal 99 to Solvay- 102 William Street.
- Feb 21, 2007 — Structural Collapse in Battalion 2
Structural collapse at Truax & Hovey (4483 Buckley Road).
Login to iFire: