Archived News For 2011
- Dec 19, 2011 — Haz-Mat 3 Currently For Sale
Sealed bids are currently being accepted for MCFD Haz-mat 3.
- Dec 13, 2011 — Santa is Coming to Battalion 1 Saturday December 17th
Santa Claus has once again agreed to tour the Moyers Corners Fire Department Battalion One response area.
- Dec 02, 2011 — 2012 Election Results
The Moyers Corners Fire Department held their annual elections for 2012. Congrats to everyone and thank you to all of those outgoing officers and executive board members.
- Nov 18, 2011 — MCFD Receives Sheriff's Office Civilian Recognition Award
The Moyers Corners Fire Department with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office Civilian Recognition Award. This award is designed to honor those who respond to the needs of our community by unselfishly serving to benefit others
- Oct 31, 2011 — Structure Fire on Blueberry Road
The Moyers Corners Fire Department was alerted to a reported structure fire at 10 Blueberry Road, in the station two response area. Fire Control had received numerous calls on this alarm.
- Oct 14, 2011 — MCFD Explorer Achieves Eagle Scout
Brian’s eagle scout project consisted of building two picnic tables and scba air bottle air bottle holders for MCFD Station 1.
- Oct 08, 2011 — MCFD Receives Donated Mattresses
Simmons Bedding Company and Raymour & Flanigan recently donated ten memory foam mattresses to the MCFD.
- Oct 05, 2011 — MCFD Helps Hearing Disabled Resident
The Moyers Corners Fire Department recently provided a hearing disabled resident with visual smoke detector device.
- Sep 09, 2011 — MCFD Attends 9/11 Remembrance at O.C.C.
The Moyers Corners Fire Department student bunk-ins recently attended a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony at Onondaga Community College.
- Aug 21, 2011 — Crews Extricate One on John Glen Boulevard
Crews from Moyers Corners Stations 2 and 4 extricated one on John Glen Boulevard near the Eagles Pointe Town Homes.
- Aug 19, 2011 — Historic Article Unearthed
Members from the Moyers Corners Fire Department recently "unearthed" many historical items including and article from their 25th anniversary.
- Aug 09, 2011 — MCFD Performs Numerous Rescues
MCFD daytime crews responded to a mvc car vs. motorcycle as well as a worker trapped in a hydroelectric turbine in Baldwinsville
- Jul 19, 2011 — MCFD Crews Conduct MCI Scenario Drill
MCFD nighttime crews recently conducted a mass casualty incident as part of their extrication training month.
- Jul 07, 2011 — MCFD Honors a Fallen Hero
C.W. Baker High School graduate Cpl. Kyle Schneider made his final trip home Thursday. Members from the Moyers Corners Fire Department paid their respects as the procession travelled through their fire district on State Route 31
- Jun 01, 2011 — MVC Rollover on Route 481
MCFD was alerted to a two vehicle MVC on Route 481. Initial reports indicated one vehicle had rolled over while the other was down the embankment.
- May 19, 2011 — MCFD Firefighters Raise $5,600 in Mustache Contest.
Firefighters from the MCFD raised over $5,600 for the Burn Foundation of Central New York with their first annual mustache contest...
- May 06, 2011 — Fatal Rollover on Grampian Road
MCFD responded to a rollover on Grampian Road in the Station 2 response area. Initial reports indicated that one person was pinned under the vehicle.
- Apr 28, 2011 — 2011 MCFD Mustache Contest for The Burn Foundation of CNY
Twenty-seven members of the Moyers Corners Fire Department have been growing mustaches during the month of April to raise awareness and money for the Burn Foundation of Central New York
- Apr 26, 2011 — MCFD Expecting New Truck 2
For the past 18 months, the volunteers from Moyers Corners have worked diligently to replace Truck 2. In the coming weeks, the new Truck will be delivered to the department. Committee members are currently traveling to Sutphen to do a final inspection of the vehicle before it travels to it's new home in the Corners.
- Apr 18, 2011 — Structure Fire on Girvan Court
MCFD was alerted to a reported fire on Girvan Court in the Station 2 response area. Numerous Calls indicated flames were coming out the front door.
- Mar 30, 2011 — MCFD Members Reach Milestone
Past Deputy Chief George Race and Past Captain Stephen Rubacky reach 40 Years of Service to the MCFD.
- Mar 06, 2011 — Busy Day For MCFD Station 1
March 3rd proved to be a busy day for Station 1. At approximately 9:32 a.m., Station 1 was dispatched to a reported structure fire in the village of Phoenix.
- Feb 26, 2011 — Reported Fire in Phoenix
Moyers Corners was dispatched to a reported fire in Phoenix at 0618hrs on 2/26/2011.
- Feb 19, 2011 — Rescue 4 Assists with Route 481 Pile-Up
Rescue 4 Assists with Route 481 Pile-Up
- Jan 09, 2011 — Reported Fire on Oriole Path
Shortly before 4am, the volunteers of Moyers Corners were alerted to a reported house fire in the Station 2 response area.
Login to iFire: